12-11-2010, 08:04 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Pretty much feel this way^.

Its a big *IF* but if MS can find his game this year which I really hope can happen but it typically takes a pretty long time to trust your knee well enough to even consider making the kind of moves that it takes to be a contributing factor on any pro team after an injury like his.

That and I would have rather seen us take/make one of the other deals for a more valuable player with a better fit.

But like I said, if Sturm can find a way to do the rarely possible and make it all the way back then I will be happy to put my doubts behind me.
Why does everyone think this is so easy? Who is this mythical top line player that is available for picks and prospects?

The Kings are not near enough to being cup contenders to be trading part of their young core to take a shot this year. You can only get a legit top line player in his prime by trading Johnson, Brown and/or Quick.

Sturm is a zero risk trade for the Kings. Dean wasn't going to use the cap space for anyone significant this season anyways. Richards isn't going to get traded when Dallas is a top 3 seed and they certainly won't trade him in the Pacific division. There was a reason that Chicago traded their players to the East. Dean had zero shot at any of their players.

If Sturm fails completey, it doesn't cost the Kings anything significant and doesn't prevent Dean from trying to sign any FAs this summer.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote