Thread: Proposal: Iginla to Atlanta
View Single Post
Old
12-11-2010, 09:06 PM
Lunatik*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
I won't argue this point because its true, but if you think Bouwmeester is worth every penny of the money he is getting paid, then I want more of that good stuff that you are smoking. Sutter even admitted that he overpaid for Bouw because of the FA market. There is no question that the FA market dictates what a player will make, but equally to that equation so does that players play. Bouwmeester today is not worth his contract, period. I am not trying to say that he is not a top defenceman in the NHL because he is, and I am glad that we have a player like him on the Flames. But in my estimation he is somewhere in the neighborhood of being 1-1.5 million dollars overpaid. FA may of dictated his market value at the time of his signing, but his play suggests that he is not worth that.
no player in the NHL is worth what they are making... but market value is the amount you would make on the open market... plain and simple... if Bouwmeester was a UFA this summer he's still get a Campbell type contract... is he a young elite shutdown defenseman who can play in all situations... he doesn't play a physical game and since the Flames couldnt score in a brothel he can go unnoticed some nights... but thats not a bad thing

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote