Thread: Speculation: Possible trade with St Louis?
View Single Post
Old
12-12-2010, 01:46 AM
JPavs8Clutchy*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeeven View Post
I think that Setoguchi, Mitchell, Ferreiro and a 3rd round pick would be quite fair for Erik Johnson. I mean, I think a lot of you guys are REALLY overrating Johnson; he's no Mike Green or Duncan Keith or Dan Boyle. Johnson is a pretty good young defenseman. Trading those three for Johnson gives us some cap space, doesn't take away any of our top six forwards and finally gives us some defensive depth. It's fair for St. Louis because it gives them some pretty good, young forwards and a good 3rd rounder, which should all help out their offense. To me, that is more than fair.

I also think now that its pretty safe to say that our top six forward are: Joe Thornton, Patrick Marleau, Dany Heatley, Logan Couture, Ryane Clowe and Joe Pavelski, in that order. Mind you, their performance so far this season is a big factor in why I put them in that order. If anyone can't see that Couture is going to be a big star for the Sharks soon, then I don't know what to say to you. But hey, that's just my opinion.
Blues laugh at that. A slumping scorer who is on pace for 8 goals, who will probably max out as a 25-30 goal scorer and some scrubs for a franchise D-Man. rofl. Also, Johnson will be a better player than Boyle when it's all said and done.

JPavs8Clutchy* is offline   Reply With Quote