View Single Post
Old
12-12-2010, 07:06 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
No problem here. Believe me I went to most of those games back then. There was never a whole lot of booing. But Tom did get his share.
As often is the case with many things involving the memory of two old farts, the truth mostly likely lies somewhere between what we said.

As I said, Sparky was one of my favorites among all the favorites of that era... I love a good offensive D-man, and to me Bladon was one of the tops around at that time; on my lists of all-time favorite Flyers he has a set spot... but for me, I have to place a few above him based on the two-way or solid D criteria.

What I remember most about the boos for him -- remember that it is all relative and on that team a couple of boos here and there stuck out like a sore thumb... and he was never booed or rode like Carkner and a few other D-men over the years -- is that it was mostly for a boneheaded giveaway and an at times appearance to being too casual, even if it came to him easier than to many others... He was never a goat. I know I was upset at the time even for a few boos directed at a layer of such a great team as our Cup teams were.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote