View Single Post
Old
12-12-2010, 09:21 PM
Roughneck

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Roughneck
Quote:
Originally Posted by fischy13 View Post
What I will give him credit for, maybe in some people's eyes this is a bad thing, he did lock up all these key guys to extensions, and that is what I think Feaster excels at, his laywer background is good for contracts, whether they are the right value, that may be another story.
He tied up over $25M in four players, one of whom has a cap hit of $7.7M until 2019. To acquire a new goalie and to relieve the cap, he would trade Brad Richards for Mike Smith and filler. He might be good at the language in contracts, but I'm not crazy about the numbers he uses or the moves he makes.

Basically Feaster took a lot of parts from a previous GM and got the Lightning one win further than Sutter has taken the Flames, and then stayed at the helm until the Lightning would finish at the bottom again. With the scouting department he was responsible for setting up, and the way the Lightning were managed after the lockout, I don't want Feaster doing anything other than dealing with the legal mumbo jumbo in contracts and operations. And I certainly don't want him to be GM. When Sutter goes, Feaster had sure as hell be gone as well.

Roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote