Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Crazy line idea I had yesterday:

Split HBL:

Leino-Richards-Briere
JVR-Giroux-Zherdev/Nodl
Hartnell-Carter-Nodl/Zherdev

Carter does well with grinders, Richards plays d for Leino and Briere
I have watched each of the lines and tried to see how Laviolette could get creative and still have some balance. The x-factors are Zherdev and Carter. Both seem to be a tough fit and need/want the puck to create chances, so why not just pair them up?

And you do not break up the Briere line and move him to wing, he has been the best center on this team and more valuable than Carter, plus the chemistry on this line is something you do not mess with. Bottom line is if Carter is going to force Giroux to the wing you might as well put Giroux on a different line alltogether.

Hartnell-Briere-Leino: Most consistent line up to this point, even when not scoring they are creating offensive zone chances. Do not break them up.

JvR-Richards-Giroux: Giroux and JvR seemed to have some chemistry and it gives this line a bonified puck carrier in Giroux. I honestly think this line could be creative much like the HBL line and keep offensive zone pressure and a cycle of the puck.

Nodl-Carter-Zherdev: Nodl is just a guy who is going to be safe defensively and provide a player who is going to be willing to get into the crease area. Carter and Zherdev can carry the puck and shoot all they want and not hurt anyone else on the line.

Carcillo-Betts-Powe: Most likely this is the line you will see in the playoffs I would assume. They can still apply some pressure and chip in a coule goals plus be an energy line with Powe and Carcillo just focusing on the checks and physical play.