View Single Post
Old
12-13-2010, 11:51 AM
Lunatik*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
Prust may have been a dime a dozen when you consider skill set, no question, but he brought it almost every game, wore his heart on his sleeve, and went balls out for the team almost every time he hit the ice.

IMO, letting someone like Prust go (twice, no less) is the crux of the problem with the team, the culture, and the management.
I disagree... I would argue most players with Prust's skill set bring it almost every game... they have to or there would be 2 or 3 guys waiting in the wings to steal their spot... that's why a teams grinders are their fan favorites and 'heart and soul' players... because if they don't lay it all on the table every single night they won't have a job because they lack the other skills needed to guarantee a job

I think the biggest problem the management has caused this team is the significant turnover every single year... you wonder why the players seem to lack confidence?... maybe its because they aren't sure if they will be part of the 2/5 of the team Sutter turns over in the next 12 months

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote