View Single Post
Old
12-13-2010, 12:03 PM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
I disagree... I would argue most players with Prust's skill set bring it almost every game... they have to or there would be 2 or 3 guys waiting in the wings to steal their spot... that's why a teams grinders are their fan favorites and 'heart and soul' players... because if they don't lay it all on the table every single night they won't have a job because they lack the other skills needed to guarantee a job
That's just it though - there are players that have to bring it nightly, but can't. Then there are the players like Prust who have to bring it nightly, and can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
I think the biggest problem the management has caused this team is the significant turnover every single year... you wonder why the players seem to lack confidence?... maybe its because they aren't sure if they will be part of the 2/5 of the team Sutter turns over in the next 12 months
I agree - I've been saying this for quite some time now. That's solely on the guy holding the reins and if he could build a half decent team in the first place, the yearly turnover wouldn't be necessary...

Stewie Griffin is online now   Reply With Quote