View Single Post
Old
12-13-2010, 03:55 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
the reason I think Maguire would be more than a serious candidate is because he was one of the candidates they interviewed before hiring Sutter... and lets be honest Maguire knows so much about the prospects coming up... and if we are going into a rebuild he could be the guy we need...

I would also look at former Flame Brian McLellan who has been an Asst GM for the Capitals
I do think if the Flames rebuild and are able to aquire a stockpile of draft picks, that there would not many better guys out there to select the best players available as the rounds progress. Pierre is passionate about prospects and you can tell that it is one of the things that he really loves about hockey the most. Again my only concern with him is mostly contract and FA signings. After Sutter I think that is one of the areas that the Flames really need to improve on in addition to their drafting. We need a shrewd guy who is going to be able to get guys that want to come here to play and at the same time not hand out contracts that handcuff the franchise. But I totally agree, Pierre's biggest asset is his knowledge of hockeys youth and that is a HUGE skill for GM to have in today's NHL.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote