View Single Post
Old
12-13-2010, 07:41 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Fanatic View Post
A lot more than Calgary can give, for sure. Boston doesn't have a lot of cap space, so they'd rather get a really good prospect that can contribute now, at a cheap price than almost anything else. I expect Boston to try and get one of Larsson or Murphy with Toronto's pick. Perhaps even trade up to do so on Larsson.
I'm not so sure about that, Chiarelli said last year that he was absolutely going to take one of Taylor or Tyler no matter what and was not going to trade away that pick. Boston has a very good mix of vets, youth and prospects. Coupled with the fact that they are one of the top teams in the league and are a legit contender for the Cup this season. I think if Boston could aquire Iginla, they would part with TO's draft pick because that move alone would instantly make them a favorite to win the Stanley Cup and they would still have a 1st round pick in next years draft and they still have a franchise like Seguin in their system. I would be happy to see Iggy play on a original 6 team, I would cheer for them for sure come playoff time.

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote