06-13-2005, 10:44 AM
jt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP
Concur
THANK GOD!!!

Regarding the topic....

1) I have no problems with the Monarchs not filling Lehoux' spot. Let the kids get the extra ice time rather than bringing in a #1/#2 center who will take that ice time away. It's the only way the kids will learn and that's the Monarchs' #1 reason for existence.

2) This year's playoff failures were for one of three reasons: either the coaches couldn't get the players to step it up and play to their level of ability...or the players couldn't get themselves to play up to their level of ability...or the players DID play up to their level of ability and it's not as high as many believed. I sure don't know which it was but the fact of the matter is that certain players either weren't actually as good as they appeared to be in terms of either talent or mental fortitude (i.e. Cammy not scoring enough goals) or the coaching was the problem.

3) As for his firing, IMO it's all about whether he was getting the most a coach could get out of his players...particularly when the chips are down (the playoffs). In the AHL, it's not about winning per se...it's about whether the players are developing properly and whether the coaches are getting them to reach the highest potential coaches can get out of them. It seems clear to me that the Kings didn't think Boudreau was doing that.