View Single Post
Old
12-13-2010, 11:18 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
You are overlooking one of pyatt's best traits which is his board play. He's very good at using the boards to his advantage especially in the defensive zone. He knows how to get the puck out in stressful situations.

I'm not trying to make an argument against you... I just feel its fair to point out a part of his game that doesn't get enough credit. It doesn't show up on the scoreboard, but its important.
Very well said. There's a reason why he's Martin "favorite". He plays well in all three zones, he's not a defensive liabililty, and he skates well. That said, if someone else comes along who has all those traits, and can score as well, well Pyatt might become redundant (like Boyd right now).

As far as the line-up is concerned, Francois Gagnon really explained things perfectly on L'antichambre tonight. 1. Moen was on the first line to give a wake-up call to AK. AK has 3 goals in his last 21 games and has been pretty invisible of late. Don't be surprised if AK is back on the top 2 lines for Wednesday's game. 2. Pyatt is not going to play on the 2nd line, he's just there because Gomez isn't, and they're assuming Gomez will play Wednesday. According to Gagnon, Gomez looked fine today. He had a bunch of other good points but i can't remember what they were.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote