View Single Post
Old
12-13-2010, 10:58 PM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
I dont think that, if we make the playoffs he will be around.

I would be committed to; if he falls to #10, sacrificing a pretty decent asset to move up to pick him or Joel, should they be there.

one of those two guys would give the Rangers a forward with true star 'potential' for the first time, really since Brendl or Jessiman. I'm willing to trade away some depth in the form of guys like Werek, WAS 2 ect for that, definitely.
Intriguing. I don't know much about Armia but I have read some things on Saad which I like. They liken him to Nino last year with his size and skating ability and the way he plays the game. I could definitely get on board with him even if they have to move up to get him.

Here's a little snippet I read a while ago:

Quote:
Saad has developed considerably after being a very raw AAA player in Pittsburgh only three years ago. After spending a couple of productive seasons with the US Development Team, Saad will be making to the move to Saginaw this year after they’ve waited patiently since taking him in the first round back in 2008. Saad should be able to make a seamless transition to the Major Junior game. He’s got a pro style frame, and his style of play matches it. Saad is a good skater with a good scoring touch. He competes hard and battles in the tough areas on the ice and is the type of player that coaches love to have in their lineup as he brings a very solid physical element to his game. His offensive upside at the NHL level probably will be as a 30/30 type player, but like Niederreiter in 2010, he’s a guy that has a lot of versatility and is the type of player that will help you win big games.
http://www.thescoutingreport.org/201...minary-top-15/

Unfortunately they have him at #5 there.

Any info on Armia?