View Single Post
Old
12-13-2010, 11:48 PM
CH2

vCash: 500
That Rangers aren't going to be in the Top-10 draft order. Let's say their in the 17-22 range again this year. The Rags don't have the assets to give up in order to get into the Top-10.

-Three huge prospects should be ready for pros next year: Kreider, Hagelin, Werek.

-The following year Drury, Rosival, Christiansen, and Avery come off the books. Freeing up 14.5 mil of cap space.

-Gilroy, White, Fedotenko, Prospal and Eminger come off the books this year totaling roughly 6.5 million.

-The PACK Line is due raises as is Michael Sauer.

-The following year, DZ, MZA, and Biron (if we keep him) might see a little bit of a raise.

Loading up draft picks this year might be a better idea. With the success of Gordie Clark's 2nd and lower round picks, trading down and accumulating future picks may be the best course of action. There's not one player outside of the currently projected Top-10 that's trade up worthy, in my opinion. If the Rangers can shop the first rounder for a lower pick and a 2nd, sign me up. In Gordie I trust.

Keep assets, sign players from within the system. Chase the occasional free agent, hope for hometown discounts on our players. Leaves cap flexibility to make moves in season.

Last edited by CH2: 12-13-2010 at 11:54 PM.