Thread: Proposal: iginla to washington
View Single Post
Old
12-14-2010, 04:23 AM
Flames 1st pick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Fanatic View Post
Man, if it wasn't this years first.... actually, you know what. I'm gonna go against the crowd here. Green is better offensively than Bouwmeester, and if he was paired with a guy like Regehr, it would be a great pairing. They are the same age too. Morrison is a blow to our depth, without a doubt. Bourque for Backstrom is a no brainer. Backstrom would FINALLY give us a honest to god 100 point franchise center locked up long term, as he signed for like a decade and he's only 23. He's also fantastic defensively. While our 1st in 2011 may give us that anyways, we are taking a gamble, since as we all know draft picks don't always turn out (Kidd, Fata, Tkaczuk).

And honestly, if we had a Tanguay-Backstrom-Iginla line... drool. I doubt our pick would be worse than 7-15.

The value is far from perfect. If you took out next years first I would say yes without a doubt. But thats honestly what it would take to get Backstrom from Washington.
I would do that deal....backstrom is better than any draft pick Sutter/Button can manage to pick...

Flames 1st pick is offline   Reply With Quote