View Single Post
Old
10-07-2003, 07:15 PM
Waveburner
RIP Luc

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by copperandblue
By the way, your #1 center is a 50 pt player without his linemates and hardly the guy to build a contender around.
Yet another person who dismissed Morrison as nothing better than the result of his linemates. While I would not call him an elite #1 center, he is a legit #1 center. FYI, Morrison led all Canuck forwards in ice time last season. He is the only player who plays #1 PP, #1 PK and #1 ES time. Very few players around the league handle that type of workload. While he will probably be relegated to the #2 PK unit with Arvedsson now here, he will still be playing 20 minutes plus a night, and IMO, probably lead all Canuck forwards in ice time yet again. He has to play D for TWO players on his line, as neither Naslund or Bertuzzi backcheck hard.

As far as Lowe as a GM, I would say he is above-average personally. I would say his worst fault is on contracts. More often than not, IMO, he pays too much money to redundant, or risky players. His strengths are talent evaluation, drafting, and trading (for the most part). And yes, I would rate him higher than Burke, whom I am not particularly fond of.