View Single Post
Old
12-14-2010, 01:08 PM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
I agree, and I'm not tryinig to hate on Stajan either. But are his assists more of a result of playing on a line with Iggy and Tangs, or is it because he is making things happen on his own? I do not think Stajan has been bad at all, but I do not think he has been great either.

But I do think given a chance with playing on the top line that Backlund would at the very least would bring what Stajan has, although I think he would probably contribute a whole lot more. Stajan hasn't had a play anywhere close to the pass that Backlund setup Iggy with last night. He just does not have the vision and hockey IQ that Backlund has.
I completely agree a majority of his assists were not a direct result of him making a play. Also i just find it hard that you can only have one goal playing with Iggy and Tanguay. You should have plenty of opportunities to score. I know Stajan is not know for his goal scoring but neither is Tanguay who has 7 or so goals. It comes down to burying your chances which Stajan has not done, he needs to bare down and get into the tough areas.

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote