View Single Post
Old
12-14-2010, 04:01 PM
King In The North
Sean Bennett

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck91 View Post
He played one or two games with Jackman, and Glencross was on of our top scorers for the first month and a half. He's a playmaking center, so until he proves that he can help make the players around him better I'm not buying into this Backlund on the first line sentiment. Not while we're still in the playoff race anyways. You guys are expecting him to do things that are beyond his capabilities right now. I think the coaches have a good sense of what he can do right now (as they are around him every single day) and they are using him accordingly.
Backlund cross ice pass to Iginla. Puck is in net. Can Jokinen do that?

Whether he scores or not Backlund is one of our most creative forwards. Excellent two-way player. I do not fully trust Sutter with Backlund; past few games he's been playing under 12 minutes a game...why is that?

Last night Jokinen's play during OT is exactly why he shouldn't be centering Iginla; the play dies on his stick 99% of the time. I'm not questioning his work-ethic; he works hard on the forcheck, but he's better off being a checking center.

King In The North is online now   Reply With Quote