View Single Post
Old
06-13-2005, 07:57 PM
pelts35.com

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan10
As for our defense, ewww, stinky. I'm so worried about our defense. We have literally next to nothing and unless Hitch decides that it's time for Seidenberg and Pitkanen to get a ton of minutes, there is no way that the two youngsters get top 4 ice time. And that's what kind of angers me about Hitch. His insistence on using veterans over giving playing time to younger players. These kids need the ice time. The veterans in Philadelphia have won him nothing. Pair Seidenberg with Markov, pair Pitkanen with Jonsson or Desjardins. But for the love of God, give the kids ice time.
If you think that the Flyers defense is so stinky and you are so worried about it, why not trade Umberger for a solid d-man instead of relegating him to the 3rd line and converting him to wing?

I disagree with your comments about Hitch and his use of Seidenberg and Pitkanen this coming season. I would expect both guys to see a lot of icetime in the 05-06 season. After watching the Phantoms play all season long, I think Hitch is going to have a change of heart when it comes to giving ice time to younger players.