View Single Post
Old
10-07-2003, 07:27 PM
Devils Unseen Hand

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niedermayer27
I feel like a vulture for suggesting this, but Atlanta is in bad shape on the ice. We all know about the tragedy the organization just suffered. It is horrific!!!

There is a good chance that the Thrashers might finish with the worst record in the league this season. They are solid in goal, for the most part. However, they need help up front and on the backline. Can we package some prospects, veterans, and picks for their #1 next season and hope it is Ovechkin?

I'm talking about a package of something along the lines of a Turner Stevenson, Stephen Guolla, Jiri Bicek, Matt DeMarchi or Ray Giroux, and our #1 and #2 picks in 2004 for their first pick in 2004. I know it is quantity over quality, but they need healthy bodies and might be desperate enough to do it, just to get through the season with some degree of competitiveness.

Like I said, I hate to take advantage of someone else's poor fortune, but it is a thought.

I'd like to hear what you have to say. Keep it civil. Thanks!!!
The Devils are sympathetic...but not a charity. That's giving up w-a-y too much for "just 1" 1st round pick.

I'd send them a maybe "3" players of middle impact, but nothing more than that.

You have to look out for number one...our team!