View Single Post
Old
12-14-2010, 06:17 PM
Roughneck

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Roughneck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck91 View Post
He played one or two games with Jackman, and Glencross was on of our top scorers for the first month and a half. He's a playmaking center, so until he proves that he can help make the players around him better I'm not buying into this Backlund on the first line sentiment.
What have Stajan and Jokinen done to deserve any first line time? Nevermind that, but what have they done to deserve all the PP time they get compared to Backlund? Neither of them have been making their linemates better.

In the past 5 games Jokinen has played almost 20 minutes on the PP. Backlund? 52 seconds. How is that justified? Sure Jokinen has gotten a couple goals, but with twenty minutes I would certainly hope so. Backlund got a couple minutes against Pittsburgh and ever since has been cut off almost entirely. How come Joker gets all these chances (including 5 and 6 minutes a night on the PP) while Backlund gets relegated to checking line duties?

Quote:
Not while we're still in the playoff race anyways.
Quite the optimistic viewpoint to think that the quality of play of our current top line centres is something that will get us out of the basement.

Quote:
You guys are expecting him to do things that are beyond his capabilities right now. I think the coaches have a good sense of what he can do right now (as they are around him every single day) and they are using him accordingly.
How will he get to those capabilities? By playing him in a role where he doesn't get to use them? What capabilities have Jokinen and Stajan shown aside from being extremely frustrating?

Roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote