View Single Post
Old
12-14-2010, 08:08 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
who said Stajan was great? Stajan is an average 2nd line center... and thats how he has been playing
All I was implying is that Stajan has been average. I agree, he has been playing at a level of what a second or very good 3rd line centre should be playing at. Again he hasn't been bad, and he hasn't been great. I never said you quoted him as being great. I don't think he deserves all the hate thrown his way either, but he has done nothing special that has deserved him to be a fixture on the top line.

With all the line juggling Sutter does I do not know why Backlund has not been given a shot to centre Iggy and Tangs. Brent has said Backlund has been one of our best overall forwards this year, so if he really believes that then why not give him several games to see what he can do playing some more minutes with our other top players? He sure as hell won't do any worse that Jokinen or Stajan, and the upside to it could be very positive. He has already shown in his young career that he plays best under pressure (ie. when he was called up last year and playing with Kelowna for their playoff run), so maybe this could really get him going. We are already in the basement of the West, what else do the Flames have to lose, lets see what this kid can do.

P.S. Lunatik that last paragraph was not directed at you.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote