View Single Post
Old
12-14-2010, 09:16 PM
Feel The Heat

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keys View Post
Why cheer at all?

I can never understand cheering a player or your own team. I understand liking or even strongly liking a player or team but why cheer them on?

Cheer because he lives up to a fan's expectations? Just impulsive, it doesn't actually affect the player's performance by how many people are watching the game from home or otherwise.
Cheer him because he is an adequate player who puts in effort?
Anyone would put in effort doing the thing you love for a living, and if you say otherwise you're full of it.

Cheer the team now. Why? They don't always win, and sometimes they show flashes of winning or making a comeback in a losing game but not always. Makes no sense. If you must cheer to make yourself feel better

Interesting, isn't it?
Not really making fun, but just saying, booing is the fans' way of pressuring the opposition. Calgary used to have one of the most hostile buildings just a few seasons ago, when the C of Red was going strong, and nowadays, you can actually HEAR Oilers chants when they play here.
And cheering is the rallying cry for the home team.... even if it doesn't help, it probably doesn't hurt, and that applies to booing too.

No harm in it, FTH. c:
You cheer your team to support your team through thick and thin.That is what you are there for. Well most people anyways.
Do you tell your child he sucks when he fails at something? No you try to encourage and support him to do better.
Not really the same thing but you get my drift.

Your rebuttal

As a former player, booing and taunts always motivated me not take me off my game.Ask Fleury he thriived on being hated. San Jose was a place he loved to play in.

Feel The Heat is offline   Reply With Quote