View Single Post
Old
10-07-2003, 08:46 PM
s7ark
TheWorstEver

vCash: 500
I thought some of this was interesting...

While the centre's presence in town is progress, the 23-year-old revealed few details concerning his future with the club.

"I came back and hopefully we can figure something out, but it is part of the agreement between the Oilers and myself that we would try to keep everything confidential at this time."

Comrie, who registered 20 goals and 31 assists in 69 games with Edmonton last season, will not skate with his teammates until a resolution can be reached. However, his presence in town is a step in the right direction.

"I'm back, and I will probably be skating at the University of Alberta, so hopefully in the near future I will be back playing in the NHL."

When asked whether or not the future includes a role with the Oilers, Comrie again stressed the confidentiality of the situation.

<b>"My goal is to do whatever I can to be here this year, and we'll go from there. We have said it is going to remain confidential, the two sides are talking."</b>

Comrie's agent, Rich Winter, believes a resolution will come quicker with his client in town. If a deal cannot be reached, the Oilers have not ruled out a trade.

That sounds fairly promising. I would far prefer to have Comrie here the traded away. Honestly no matter what everone says, the kid is absolute money on the ice...