Thread: News Article: Ryan Callahan "Heart of a Ranger"
View Single Post
Old
12-15-2010, 12:01 AM
Ollie Queen
After 5 years...

vCash: 500
Quote:
"I think we are similar types of players, but there is so much I can still learn from Dru,” explained Callahan, the 24-year-old right wing. “His experience; his preparation; his leadership. I am very fortunate to be able to spend so much time with him and be able to learn from him.”
What part of what Callahan said do you think is not genuine and just a standard hockey interview. I think Callahan means every word of that. These guys were paired together in the Olympics and Drury has probably been a mentor for Callahan since he arrived here. It's not like Callahan says "I think Drury is such a valuable offensive asset for this team!". Everything Callahan says rings true and anyone who wants to say "Meh, Callahan is just saying the right things" is only looking for reasons to discredit Drury. Your new responses have changed tune from your original one. Originally you claim that Callahan is not being genuine and only saying the right things. Now you claim that you're not questioning Drury's leadership, experience, preparation, or the kinds of things Callahan has/can learn from him, only that he has declined and is no longer valuable to the team. Your answer doesn't refute my original response which was that it's MUCH more likely Callahan genuinely meant what he said than that he was giving stock answers.

Ollie Queen is offline   Reply With Quote