View Single Post
Old
10-07-2003, 08:09 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12
And yet, just before that he says:

"I'm back, and I will probably be skating at the University of Alberta, so hopefully in the near future I will be back playing in the NHL."

If his true hope was to sign a new contract with the Oilers, why did he say NHL?

The thing that's funny is all this shroud of secrecy. This is like something out of the Manhattan Project.

The one thing I took out of this piece was that it looks like a resolution (signing or trade) will be happening rather soon.

Does anyone else see parallels to the time when Bure left Vancouver?

It's still implied, and he did use the term "we" meaning him and the Oilers. One thing about him not saying Oilers, what that might be is, if you say Oilers, you sound like you're not part of the organization, if you use words like 'we' and 'here', it sounds more like you're part. If I said "I'm signing with the Edmonton Oilers" does it not sound like I am in fact not part of the team? Just an obsevation.

I like the discreetness, it prevents the vocal mud-slinging between parties and is how negotiations should go. With reference to a resolution, I would look at the bottom of the article. Definately sounds like signing a contract here is the preferred option to me.

I'm also making the connection with Sarno going down, and the unlikelyhood of keeping 8 d-men on the roster. Sounds like the ball is rolling to me.