Thread: Goaltender
View Single Post
Old
12-15-2010, 03:11 PM
Top 6 Spaling

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime2181 View Post
I had a question regarding Nashville's goaltending. Who is considered the starter or is it more of a tandem situation? Pekka Rinne seems to be a real good goalie, but Anders Lindback appears to be legit as well. Is it the system or are both of them legit? And if so who is more likely to stick with the team and will the other be trade bait. Also can anyone provide any info on Lindback? Seems he came out of nowhere and is playing great.
Its tough to tell right now. Before Rinne's injury he was the clear cut #1, but the way Lindback is playing right now its tough to imagine him not getting more games. I would guess we will see a 75-25 split until something changes.
Lindback sort of snuck up on us too. We all knew he was going to be a decent goalie, but the rate at which he reached his potential was reached was a shock to everyone, though he still has some more room to grow.
As far as trade bait, I think we keep both, but could see a situation where Rinne gets dealt for some scoring, making Lindback the starter and Dekanich the back-up. This still seems unlikely though.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote