Thread: Line Combos: Proposed Nicknames
View Single Post
Old
12-15-2010, 04:34 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

vCash: 500
Proposed Nicknames

From the LCB line through the Legion of Doom... and beyond, the Flyers have some clever nicknames for their productive and longstanding lines. Notable lines from other teams have also had the... GAG Line arguably the most remembered.

Of late the Flyers coaches have given the fans and Media little chance to develop nicknames as the lines change at the drop of a hat... volatility in team makeup also hampers this.

With the signing of Cliff Lee and all the marvelous nicknames for the Phillies rotation -- Phour Aces, Phantastic Phour, etc. -- it dawned on me that it may be time for Briere's line to establish one also... Danny Briere, Scott Hartnell and Ville Leino... there has to be a way to take the first letters of either the first or last names to create a catchy name... Or maybe a play on their style, size, personality, etc.

Or maybe their personal nicknames mixed in. For example; using Hartnell's Bird Dog to come up with the BVD Line... Lame I know. haha

Personally I have no good offering... and that is where all you clever people come into play... Please name Briere's line. And while you are here, how about some of the other possible Flyers lines... if you can think of any semi-set ones that is.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote