View Single Post
Old
10-07-2003, 09:16 PM
Waveburner
RIP Luc

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP
it is mystery to me how Linden is half of the player in the center position and the lack of faceoff ability.

Remember the Canucks originally re-acquired Linden for his faceoff ability, and i have absolutely no problem with Linden taking majority of the faceoff. In fact if you look at the NHL, most good faceoff men are experienced players, and Linden is excatly that.

Linden is a good scorer as a winger, and he still capable of 20 goals 20 assists like last season as a winger but i see no problem with him being a centerman, he did a tremendous job setting up Gelinas in the past, i see no reason why he cannot do that again with Averdsson and Cooke.
Being a center and face-off ability are seperate issues. I like having Linden around to take draws, I never questioned his face-off ability. Its when he is actually playing the center position. Maybe just my viewpoint, but I honestly can't stand watching Linden play center. He does nothing on offense, and isn't involved in the physical game at all. He just tries to play solid D.

Could you address my question...is Arvedsson so much better defensively than Chubarov that it warrants playing two key players off their natural position?