View Single Post
Old
12-15-2010, 08:13 PM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Reading some recent posts and Hammond's comments today on a chat it got me thinking about the center position. As much as Handzus has rebounded from an awful first season here and had 2 back to back 40+ point seasons, he has slowed down this year....It makes me wonder whether the Kings will re-sign him at all with Kopitar, Stoll under contract and Lewis, Richardson having the ability to play center and Loktionov and Schenn another year older...

That being said maybe the young guys spend another year in Manchester and the Kings add a true #2 center via trade or free agency.
I've been thinking about that issue too. I think the fate of Michael Handzus will have the biggest impact on what the Kings look like next year.

It also raises the issue (that we've discussed on these boards in the past) about whether or not the Kings would be a better team with, say, Schenn and/or Loktionov instead of Handzus. This is an interesting point for this franchise. The younger generation of players is really starting to push at the veterans but it's not totally clear that the team will improve because of it.