View Single Post
Old
12-15-2010, 10:25 PM
RE-HABS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Monster View Post
In two cases where Subban gave up the puck to the flyers, Picard failed to prevent the goals when he should have. I'm not excusing Subban, those were weak plays giving up the puck to the opposing team, especially the second one. But Picard on both plays was terrible and useless. In the first case Carter simply skated from the neutral ice, into the habs zone, and then proceeded to go around Picard like he was a pylon and scored. In the second case Picard should have been in front of the habs net next to the Flyer player, but nooooo he was standing at the other end of the zone. Wow! I really blame Picard for those two goals. If Harmlik or Markov or any normal defenseman was playing with Subban those goals would not have happened.
When playing with an offensive Dman like PK, Picard should be playing back more, but I find he is trying to get out of the zone too fast and is getting caught out of position and this allows the other team opportunities like we have seen the past couple of games.

JM has to look at two of the following:

Subban - Gorges
Picard - Gill
Spacek - Hamrlik

or

Subban - Hamrlik
Weber - Gill
Picard - Gorges

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote