View Single Post
Old
12-15-2010, 10:29 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Huge win for the Rangers tonight. Another character win imo.

This team is doing a good job of dealing with adversity and have completely bought into the coach. Tonight my friends I give a ton of credit to Tortorella. Perfect game plan. He knew the Pens had an emotional loss and a lot of games lately, he knew it was difficult to get back on the horse after 12 straight wins, so he had his team play a hard, dirty defense first game and wait until their chances came in the third.

Give the players credit for sticking with it. I thought they couldnt make a damn pass to save their lives and were getting totally outplayed for the first half of the game, their offensive spacing was shiit - but their defensive positioning was spot on and they forced the Pens to take shots from the outside for the most part. They didnt give the Pens successive powerplays, they kept the odd-man rushes down and they did what they had to do to gut through 2 periods. It was frustrating to watch them pull of the forecheck completely like they were conceding any offensive pressure, but 5 minutes into the third you could see the tables start to turn as the Pens legs completely gave out.

Then the Rangers turned it up and we saw something tonight that we havent seen in years IMO, a killer instinct. They had a good team on the ropes and they buried them. Its easy to say that the Pens tired out and the Rangers took advantage but the Rangers played a smart game and took it to them when they had the chance. Kudos to the coaching staff and the players on this one.

Cally is a huge loss, no doubt. But maybe theres a silver lining, when he comes back in 4-6 weeks itll be another boost to a team who is getting production from different players on a nightly basis. Because of it, 33 Games in and the Rangers are 9th in the league with an average of yes... finally - 3.00 G/G. How about that!?

I am very proud of my team tonight.
and this is with Gabby being very...ungabbylike.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote