View Single Post
Old
12-15-2010, 10:46 PM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Moses View Post
I can't see them letting him walk. I'd even go so far as to say they'll keep him over Zeus, if push comes to shove. I would hope Willy would agree to an extension somewhere between 4-5 million. That should allow us to bring in more help, either on the wings or up the middle.

Edit: The more I think about it, its possible that the current, healthy lineup we have this season is what we enter next season with. It might be easier for Lombardi to hammer out favorable extensions with the guys we have than letting some walk and then trying to reel in UFAs. Our big splash would then necessarily hinge on moving Smyth's money, something I'm indifferent to.
Williams already makes 3.5 million/year, and that's a serious risk given his injury history. He's a very good player, but I wouldn't want to put 4-5 million into him.

I think the Kings will run into the same problem with Handzus and Williams that they ran into with Frolov: these are good players who contribute to the team, but other teams in the league are willing to offer them more than the Kings will.