View Single Post
Old
12-16-2010, 02:48 PM
Patccmoi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
Come on man. If you're from the Boston area you should already know that the radio folks don't talk about hockey, period.
? Felger talks about it quite a bit (whines and moans most of the time, but oh well not much different from a whole bunch of people in Montreal), and they have Thornton and Ciarelli in interviews regularly every week (I love Thornton's interviews). Definitely not hearing as much about it currently as I would like to mostly because Pats and Celts are owning the league and Red Sox just decided to make 2 blockbuster signing, but I don't feel that the coverage is that bad considering there's 4 major teams that all actually do well in the city.

I actually expected the coverage to be worse than that when I moved here 2.5 years ago, but I've been pretty happy overall. Might have been a lot worse in the years before when the Bruins had a losing team, but I wasn't there to compare.

Hearing the "Ole ole ole" and "Bleu Blanc Rouge" song during the playoffs last year on the Boston radio because they wished for Montreal to go past the Pens so they wouldn't have to face them is still one of my favorite radio moment ever Especially with the irony afterwards and how they said they jinxed it, etc...

One thing though is that I feel many don't know much about what they're talking about, more so than in Montreal. When they were asking last year to trade Toronto's pick for Kovalchuk for the end of the season I was really thinking "are you freaking insane?!".