View Single Post
Old
10-07-2003, 09:58 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by elphy101
The lack of Hossa is the biggest gap. I would argue though that York>White, Dvorak=Bonk, but Hossa>>>Isbister. But then again, if Isbister pans out this year, that could close alot.

Horcoff=Fisher, Torres=Varada,

Schaefer is similar to Moreau, who is older, but he also plays a more physical and is an important leader on the Oilers. You could also compare Chimera with Schaefer.

Smolinski is not matched but Reasoner brings alot of the same intangibles, I think Reasoner might even be the better checking center.

This is probably Oiler bias. But in my opinion.
Yeah, we'll disagree a bit here. To me, York is better than White, but might not play like it in this lineup. Bonk is better than Dvorak to me as well, he's shown an ability to put up semi-consistent points. Hopefully Dvorak does the same. Hossa of course we agree on. Horcoff is not equal to Fisher though I'd argue, not actually very close even. Closer than some, but not right there with him. And Torres being = to Varada is pretty speculative and hopeful, I don't see that much coming from him. Schaefer is another guy, who on any given night, can actually score the goals to win a game because the skill is there, Chimera is close, but not quite. Smolinski is also another guy, who, given the chance, puts up the numbers, again, talented hockey player. Not saying Marty isn't, and I'd probably even rather have Marty because of age, but in terms of this year, Smolinski gives an advantage. That lineup is SO DEEP. The people of Ottawa are really lucky.