View Single Post
Old
12-16-2010, 07:07 PM
Valhoun*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Leighton absolutely was solid the entire time he was in Philly. He had a bad game now and again and allowed a softie in every now and then, but so does every goalie in the history of the NHL. But overall, Leighton was solid. I don't want to get into this argument for the 9999999th time, but please tell me how a goalie can get the wins, put up the stats, and still have people saying he was terrible, and more than by saying he let in so many soft goals and lost the Stanley Cup for the team. Every goalie lets in soft goals and has bad games, but if Leighton let in as many soft goals as some of you people would like to believe, Leighton would not have put up the numbers he did, which regardless of the reason (defense, luck, praryer, etc) HE PUT UP SOLID NUMBERS! Meanwhile, there were four or five game stretches last season when Boucher couldn't save a damn shot. Leighton never went through that last season. Just look at the game logs for him with the Flyers (ignore the first game because for some reason they counted his game with Carolina against the Flyers as in his stats with the Flyers:

http://www.flyershistory.com/cgi-bin...season=2009-10

He had only four games with the Flyers in which he allowed more than three goals and was not pulled as many times as people like to say he was. The guy was solid all year. I really don't understand how people can look at the record, look at the stats, and still say he wasn't solid. I have been saying this all damn offseason and all people want to do is **** on the guy.
Because Niemi was horrible in the SCF and Leighton couldn't be even mediocre. Which would have been good enough for a Cup.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote