Thread: PGT: Maple Leafs 2 Flames 5
View Single Post
Old
12-17-2010, 12:17 AM
MVW

vCash: 50
Really good game, awesome flow in the 1st and good energy for both teams. One of the most entertaining games I've seen the Flames play this year. All 4 lines played great tonight, the Flames played a total Brent Sutter game tonight and they finally played up to their abilities. Iggy and Tangs looked good, Stajan had good energy. Olli looked good again, he's been bringing a way better game and making an impact over the last 4 games. But tonight was his most consistent 60 minute effort. Backlund was very good again, this kid just keeps impressing me more every game. Our defence was good overall and executed the game plan well and Kipper was his usual solid self. Great team effort by the boys!

Finally this team gave us something to cheer about with back to back to wins. If they can string together some wins over this next stretch of games, maybe their confidence will get to a point where they can carry that kind of play throughout the remaineder of the season. I'm not going to get too excited yet, this group has a long a** way to go before playoffs even enter their equation. But tonight was a step in the right direction.

Looks like the the healthy scratches and head games done by B. Sutter is working. Backlund and Stajan have come on much stronger since sitting out. Hopefully the same happens with Glencross.

MVW is offline   Reply With Quote