View Single Post
Old
12-17-2010, 12:18 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
I posted this in a similar thread a month ago. i think this is still pretty clearly the case.

In Minny, they played a system designed to send their forwards back into the offensive zone with numbers, time and space. That's when Gaborik is at his best. If you don't give him time and space, it becomes very difficult for him to be a factor offensively.
Isnt that a bit of a cliche sometimes? "Don't give the guy any space"... We always hear that from our announcers when our defensemen effectively play good games against top forwards, and heard it last night with Staal playing against Crosby... Elite players will find ways to create and make that space, and that's what makes them so effective... You can't take that ability away from them on a nightly (and consistent) basis...... It's certainly not as if all these teams can simply decide they won't give him any space when they play us and that's that, he's negated.... I'd find it pretty hard to believe that teams couldn't figure out how to utilize this strategy last season when he was putting up a ton of points.. It's not like Gaborik was the first speedy forward in the conference.... He'll simply need to be more creative and find ways to get himself into scoring positions on the ice in these games where he's not producing much offense...

Last edited by wolfgaze: 12-17-2010 at 12:23 AM.
wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote