View Single Post
Old
12-17-2010, 06:43 AM
ohbaby

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post
Prospal will be back after Christmas so that should will help.

The "good" out of this is the schedule is very light the rest of the month after Saturday and the end of the 6 weeks is the All Star Break so that should give Cally a little more extra time to heal.

It's gonna stink without him for the next 6+ weeks but having him at full force for the stretch run will be huuuge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post

Lets look at the silver lining here guys, in 4 to 6 weeks Cally will come back and it will be another big boost for the club to round out the lineup. Sure it hurts, but Cally gets 6 weeks rest now - if the Rangers make the playoffs well have a player with great legs, and one that really performs well when fresh. At least its not a leg problem and just a bone or two that can heal.
As mentioned this could be a blessing in disguise. With the breaks (X-mas n All-star) he won't miss as many games, plus having him fresh for the stretch run could be huge. As the timing goes, it couldn't have been any better.

One thought I have though is, we might struggle without him. I believe we will miss him alot more than we missed Gabby. Just a feeling I have. He played in all situations and brought alot of intangibles that won't be replaced by whoever fills his spot. Dubi might struggle in his absence. I hope not. This is a good test for him. Prospal's return is key, cause it will no doubt ignite a fire under Gabby. So again, the timing is pretty good.

If we could get by without him, just think of how strong we will be, down the stretch when he returns.

Last edited by ohbaby: 12-17-2010 at 06:51 AM.
ohbaby is offline   Reply With Quote