View Single Post
Old
12-17-2010, 07:55 AM
JimmyStart*

vCash: 500
Lots of people with great points. B.R. isn't available to us specifically right now and isn't really available, period. If we get him it should be the summer.

I WOULD trade homegrown players but it'd have to be a huge deal. Like one of malkin, Crosby or Ovie...though Malkin hasn't been good and is injured but future wise that'd be huge. Also depends how many players we trade, etc too many hypotehticals and speculation. SO I'll just say wait till the summer.

THIS team is what's doing so good. I thought NEXT year is when they'd do what they're doing now but color me ecstatic. Add to it without subtracting from it and it's easy to believe there's a champion there. A vet D-man. Another youngster or two like MZA who's proven he's got the talent. B.R. is of course an option.

Still Dubs has a perenial 60-70 pt ceiling. Artie has about 50-70. I think they can reach that within two years. For me that improvement alone combined with whatw e have now is enough to be a contender. Add Stepan, Staal, Girardi< Sauer, hopefully MDZ all improving. Cally, Hank, gabs. Dunno how many times I;'ve said it but now more than ever it SEEMS the future as bright as it ever has.

Helps that Torts is coaching the type of philosphy that goes very well with a cap era.

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote