Thread: PGT: Maple Leafs 2 Flames 5
View Single Post
Old
12-17-2010, 10:39 AM
The Gnome

vCash: 500
I love that everyone in the building including all the flames players knew that Phaneuf cannot skate backwards. I loved watching him get burned. This was my favourite game of the year by far.

Giordano is turning into a leader on this team, he had one bad luck goal tonight and it didn't phase him in the least. The perfect model of work ethic and consistency. This guy deserves an A at some point, he's turning into a leader. I also think he's great in interviews, a very humble guy. I love it that we locked him up long-term, good on Sutter.

Bouwmeester is so much better this year.

Jokinen, WTF?!! Why can't he do this every game, where has that nose for the net been. He knew exactly how to take advantage of phaneuf's slow backwards skating last night. It's like his IQ spiked by 50pts when he laced them up for this one. In the last 4-5 games Jokinen has been above average and look at how this team has played. He needs to keep building on his recent success for this team to climb back into contention.

Backlund, this kid has so much skill. He's starting to make me smile more and more every game. Great vision on that goal, and what amazing strength to make that play happen. We need more players of his skillset. Gifted playmaker and one of our best defensive forwards, love it. If playfair can bring up more players in that suit than I'll be doing back flips. Backlund looks like a DET prospect to me, and that is huge compliment IMO to his development.

Lunatik is right about Babchuk. He's slow as syrup, but in the last 2 weeks his postioning has made a huge difference. He's getting his big frame in front of the puck, and rarley gets caught pinching (although he had a bad one last night). I love that he has done what Sutter has asked of him. It's exactly what you need from your 3rd pairing. A good consistent defensive effort, and not trying to make the big plays. It seems like he understands his limitations and is doing exactly what is asked of him. That is why he's staying in the lineup.

Good on Stajan to show some grit and drive to the net last night. I'd like to see more of that out of him, it'd make his contract easier to swallow.

Hagman has so much skill it always baffles me that he doesn't make that jump to star status and score 30+. It's really hard to gauge why, it could be speed issues maybe, or he just doesn't have enough composure with the puck. Anyone else with an opinion on this? I'm going to try concentrating more on him in the next few games. I spend most of my time these days watching Jokinen float around...lol. Hopefully he keeps silencing the critics (like myself) moving forward.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote