View Single Post
Old
12-17-2010, 11:27 AM
Pizza

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
The team's success only makes it more imperative that they find a way to get Richards. Now (meaning this deadline or the summer) is the time. Add the missing piece of the puzzle, or at least the biggest missing piece. With Richards, this team becomes very dangerous, and Gaborik becomes a bigger factor.
I'm not trying to pick on ya Sting, but basically everything your saying is what I disagree with.

Just working off the top of my head but, let's say they acquire Richards (trade or F/A). OK, but what did they have to give up to get him? They now have a lot less cap space with which to resign young core guys and/or they have given up same to acquire "the missing piece".

The history of making these kinds of moves is not good imo. Most of the time things fall far short of expectations. Production is not what we thought it would be. Chemistry is lacking and so on... Then we have to make a move...to correct a move.

Deals and more deals. Get this guy!! No wait!! He's not the guy. Get rid of that guy!! Get that guy!! Sounds like more fun to me.

Let's try something different this time. Let's just let these guys play. It's plain to see that some good things are happening here. I'd like to see how it pans out this way. We've done it the other way already.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote