Thread: News Article: Hockey News Phaneuf-Stajan trade
View Single Post
Old
12-17-2010, 12:05 PM
Lunatik*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
The problem is maximizing what you get out your contracts, especially with regards to the cap.

Stajan's contract is close to value yes, but I'd rather have so many other players around the league at that value. His lack of finish and grit irritate me, but he has shown more in the that respect as of late. Hopefully he keeps it up.
considering Stajan has only finished with fewer that 14 goals once in his career I wouldn't worry too much about the finish... it will come and he will be good for 15+ goals like most years... also keep in mind Stajan is clearly being asked to be more of a playmaker as a Flame...

so far as a Flame he has had the best assist numbers of his career... and is doing better this year than last... he is on pace for 46/47 assists this season...

did you realize that pace last year would have let to him finishing in the top 15 in assists among centermen and top 25 of all skaters??...

or how about this... of the players with 45+ assists last season not one player is making less than Stajan... in fact only 2 of them are making under $5 million and none under $4.5 million

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote