Thread: Injury Report: Mitchell injury update
View Single Post
Old
12-17-2010, 05:39 PM
jimmy1100

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
It is frustrating that two of the three best defensive dmen on the team have been out for long stretches this season.

That said, I'm not sure how much more of Drewiske I can stomach. The guy is a creampuff. He does not handle pressure very well from opposing fore checkers, he is physically weak in one-on-one battles, he does not use his size to his advantage. In a nutshell, the guy is a push over. It is unfortunate that with Mitchell and Greene out, the Kings have no other options to go with on the blueline other than to dress Drewiske.

Knowing how fast and physical the Predators can play, I expect Drewiske to get banged up and struggle to keep up with the speedy Nashville forwards.
That's a bit harsh. He's had a few games this season where quite a few posters here praised his work. I'd remind you that this was his first game in a while as well. That said, it's an NHL player's responsibility to ALWAYS be ready.

I don't think Drewiske is as bad as your post suggests. He may have played poorly last night, but he also wasn't the only one.

jimmy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote