View Single Post
Old
12-17-2010, 06:41 PM
Prussian_Blue

vCash: 500
Good Lord, Jeff... how does any minor-league hockey operation make it, then?

You want to limit a 20-man payroll to $4000 a week, paying each player $200 a week on average... you're going to get exactly what you pay for, which is the guy who scored a hat trick in his beer league game last week.

You make great points about revenue streams, but the point I was making in my post was that the successful minor league anticipates those issues and makes sure they don't happen.

If that means having a league on the Central League model, where most if not all of the teams and venues are actually owned by the league, then that's what it takes. And if a league can't be a success while operating under any other model, then it should probably nor bother.

I chose Brooklyn, Troy and Danbury as the foundation stones for a potential Northeast League because those three organizations seem to "get it" as far as addressing the issues you raise. All I was really trying to say was that a potential Northeast League would have to attract at least three more ownership groups who similarly "get it" in order to be viable.