Thread: Recalled/Assigned: Dale Weise up from the Whale
View Single Post
Old
12-17-2010, 07:53 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlueNorwegian View Post
Larry Brooks says on his Twitter page that the Recall of Weise is "situational" with game in Philly tomorrow. So i guess Weise is in atleast until after the Philly game and then they will reevaluate.

Though i really think MZA deserves a look, i understand that Weise is a much better fit at least on paper since it is Callahan that he is replacing.
Except Weise is not replacing Callahan, he's being called up because Prust is banged up and will play on the 4th line (taking White's spot)--from Andrew Gross and Ranger Rants:

"The Rangers have recalled Dale Weise from Connecticut (AHL) and its very likely the gritty forward will play tomorrow at Philadelphia as the fourth-line right wing. However, it also seems like this may be a one-game call-up specific to facing the physical Flyers.

Coach John Tortorella wanted to make sure he clearly explained why Weise was recalled a day after Tortorella said there was not likely to be any call-ups before the schedule became heavy again starting on Jan. 1, adding, right now, there were not any players considered ready at Connecticut.

This is a different case, Tortorella said.

In that role, its an easier call-up for us, Tortorella said. Hes a guy whos going to bang. I think he can handle that. Were not looking for a guy to get in the top six. This is an easier situation for us right now."

Most likely Weise gets sent back to Hartford after the game.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote