View Single Post
Old
12-17-2010, 08:06 PM
OttawaRoughRiderFan
Make It 30!!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
They won in 04 when I don't think they were expected to...and they won last year when they kind of came under the radar as a young team. And they narrowly lost last year in the Olympics despite being rated 4 or 5. Coming off a 1996 World Cup win in which they were an unlikely favourite behind Russia and Canada, they lost in the quarters in Nagano with the same guard. Hell, back in 1980 they pulled off one of the biggest underdog stories in modern sports history.

The cockyness, bravado and satisfaction I saw from the American team at the conclusion of last years event appeared highly motivating for anyone on the oppositions side, especially a perennial tournament favourite in Canada. It had USA Hockey written all over it. I think those 8 returnees in particular are in for a world of ******** if they make it far enough. Canada's lucky enough to make decisions on how they build their teams...and they built it to wipe the ice with the rest of the field with speed and physicality this year in response to last.

The best junior eligible player in college hockey right now is Jaden Schwartz...but because we've turned names like Eberle into folk heroes in recent years he's just another no-namer on this "blue-collared" team. Call me crazy but I'll eat crow if this team isn't the best one in the tournament.

Most outside Canadians won't like this post, even some Canadians. Quote it if I'm wrong....if history repeats itself I don't think I will be.
Good Post!!!

OttawaRoughRiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote