View Single Post
Old
12-18-2010, 09:55 AM
Jester

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
The guy makes mistakes. Thankfully they are not the kind of mistakes that hamstring a franchise for 10 years.

Would you like Wade Redden, Drury and Gomez on the same team? How about Yashin, Ricky DP. Hell what about Jeff Finger while we are at it. Anyone want Kovulchuck. Oh i know, You want Evgeni Nabakov. We all know that we needed a keeper this offseason. Turco too? He's tearing up the league right now. Hell, how about our franchise player in Gagne. His -11 in limited games is rocking the league right now.

Our GM makes mistakes, he also ices a roster that is capable of winning the cup. I'll take that over the guys mentioned above. He takes risks. Something this franchise has not done in god knows how long.

Sometimes throwing everything including the kitchen sink at a season pays off, over trying to ice a competative team every year. Hell look at our division rivals for that.
I always find the comparisons to Sather in support of Holmgren to be highly entertaining.

It's like saying of a murderer, "Well, at least he isn't a serial killer."

Holmgren has his strengths and weaknesses. Unfortunately his weaknesses play directly into causing problems in a capped league.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote