View Single Post
Old
10-08-2003, 02:19 AM
WhoIsJimBob
#TankEnvy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot
And there is the question of signing date and release fees. The kid's looked good so far in camp, well beyond anything I think just about anyone could've anticipated considering his history. But has he looked so good that the Sabres are willing to foot the fill for the transfer fees at this late date? Particularly to crowd the Amerks roster further? I could see them interested in further grooming, but if he's heading back to Russia, then getting him some playing time is vital. Perhaps foster a deal that gets him back into the Novosibirsk lineup rather than seeing him trapped behind a veteran laden lineup with no chance at meaningful ice time.
I don't believe the signing date or release fees come into play if Yaroslavl releases him from his contract though and that's why Buffalo is hoping it goes that way.

Tuomo Ruutu's contract in Europe was up this summer and I remember he held off from signing with a European club to give the Hawks more time to sign him without having to worry about all that stuff.

I think that's the same situation the Sabres would be in if Kriukov were released. He'd basically be a worldwide UFA and the Sabres wouldn't be "stealing" a guy that was under contract elsewhere.

I could be wrong, but that's the way I was reading the situation.