Old
12-19-2010, 10:43 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPhish5858 View Post
There aren't too many guys left but I wouldn't mind Brian Fuentes or Arthur Rhodes if they could get them cheap.
I'd pass on Arthur Rhodes. We already have one guy in Contreras pushing 40, we don't need someone older than him in the bullpen. Fuentes I might do, but he is kind of like a Brad Lidge Jr. One night he is amazing, the next night he is walking four dudes and giving up a grand slam. Maybe a change of scenery will do him some good. Also I don't know if he would sign somewhere to not be a closer.

Grant Balfour is a guy I would like to see in Philly. He is a hard throwing lefty that would be a nice late inning complement to Madson that could be brought in to get out some lefties.

Other guys I'd like to see: Dotel (too expensive maybe?), Dan Wheeler, Kevin Gregg, Kyle Farnsworth, Todd Coffey, Mike MacDougal, Chad Qualls. Not sure what kind of money these guys would be looking for, but if any one of them were affordable I would like to see the Phillies nab one of them. Grant Balfour would be my number 1 pick out of these guys.